In the meantime...
Help Center Questions about M&T Bank?
Questions & Answers
What are the immediate benefits?
You can use any M&T Bank ATM to withdraw cash without the usual out-of-network fees. This gives you free access to more than 2,000 ATMs throughout Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington, D.C., and West Virginia.
Do I need to do anything right now?
How will I learn about updates to my accounts and services?
We’ll let you know about any changes to accounts or services well in advance.
- Watch for the M&T green in your mail and email, which indicates merger updates for you
- Bookmark this page and check back for the latest updates
Together We Can
Your Community & M&T
At M&T Bank, you and your community are at the heart of everything we do. See how we’re working to create the right opportunities for the people we serve.
Wilmington Trust - Member of the M&T Family
Guiding generations of families
Wilmington Trust* has been helping business owners design and execute transition and wealth transfer plans for more than a century.** Backed by the resources of one of the nation’s leading U.S.-based, commercial bank holding companies, M&T Bank, we bring a high level of skill and experience to every relationship we serve. We offer advice, guidance, and solutions to business owners through every phase of your journey—from starting out, growing the business, and eventually transitioning it.
* Wilmington Trust is a registered service mark used in connection with various fiduciary and non-fiduciary services offered by certain subsidiaries of M&T Bank Corporation including, but not limited to, Manufacturers & Traders Trust Company (M&T Bank), Wilmington Trust Company (WTC) operating in Delaware only, Wilmington Trust, N.A. (WTNA), Wilmington Trust Investment Advisors, Inc. (WTIA), Wilmington Funds Management Corporation (WFMC), and Wilmington Trust Investment Management, LLC (WTIM). Such services include trustee, custodial, agency, investment management, and other services. International corporate and institutional services are offered through M&T Bank Corporation’s international subsidiaries. Loans, credit cards, retail and business deposits, and other business and personal banking services and products are offered by M&T Bank, Member FDIC.
** Wilmington Trust traces its roots to the founding of Wilmington Trust Company in 1903.
Investment products are not insured by the FDIC or any other governmental agency, are not deposits of or other obligations of or guaranteed by Wilmington Trust, M&T Bank, or any other bank or entity, and are subject to investment risks, including the possible loss of principal amount invested.
Update your contact information.
Please log in to People's United online banking as soon as possible to make sure your name, address, email or phone number is up-to-date, so you’ll receive any account information—including your new debit card(s) and checks.
- Log in to People's United Online Banking
- Use the blue tool bar at the top of sceen and click on ...More, then choose Customer Service
- Under Settings, select Contact Information and verifty that all the phone numbers listed are correct. Click change and make the necessary updates
- Click submit and follow the security prompts
- Return to the Settings list and select Street Address.Verify that all street address are correct. Click change and make the necessary updates
- After your updates are made, click submit and follow the securtiy prompts
Read news about the merger.
Check out all of the of the past news related to People's United becoming part of M&T Bank.
- People's United is Now Officially Part of M&T Bank (MM/DD/YY)
- Regulatory Approval Press Release (MM/DD/YY)
- Agreement to Acquire People's United Press Release (2/22/21)