Tips on Managing Your Account
Master the basics of account management – and stay in control of your finances.
In This Section
- Account Basics: Making Deposits > Understand when deposited money becomes available by learning how deposits work and the difference between available and total balance.
- Account Basics: Making Withdrawals > Five useful account management tips to ensure you always have sufficient available funds in your account to cover your transactions.
- Account Basics: How Transactions are Processed > Anticipate changes in your checking balance by learning the basics of how and when – and in what order – credits and debits are posted to your account.
- Account Basics: Balancing Your Checkbook > Follow M&T's simple step-by-step guide, and you'll be able to calculate your actual checking account balance, taking transactions that haven't posted yet into consideration.
- Understanding Overdrafts > Find out more about our standard overdraft practices and fees.
- Abandoned Funds > Learn about inactivity, escheatment, how you can keep your M&T accounts active and what to do if you've received an abandoned funds letter.