In the meantime...
Help Center Questions about M&T Bank?
Questions & Answers
Do I need to do anything right now?
Not at all.
- Bank as you normally would at the same branches and/or working with your relationship manager
- Continue using your business, merchant and operating accounts
- If you use online banking or eTreasury+, your login remains the same and access is still through peoples.com
- Continue to make your loan payments as usual
- Call the same contact numbers
Who should I go to for my banking and servicing needs?
Continuity and consistency in your relationships is important to you, and it’s important to us as well. Please keep banking as you normally would.
For your business accounts, continue to contact your relationship manager, stop by a local branch or use the existing People's United customer service and support contacts until your accounts transition to M&T, which is anticipated in 2022.
What can I expect moving forward into 2022?
We expect to finish combining our banking systems in 2022. At that time, accounts and services you had at People’s United Bank, N.A. or opened with M&T Bank through its People’s United division will become similar accounts and services at M&T. At that time, you’ll have access to:
- A wider range of financial products and services to help you meet your personal and business needs and wealth management goals
- ATMs at any of our more than 2,000 convenient locations
- More than 1,100 branches throughout New England, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Washington, D.C., Virginia and West Virginia
Will the name of the bank change?
- On or about Month DD, YYYY, People’s United Bank, N.A. merged into M&T Bank and became part of M&T Bank
- Until M&T completes system integration in 2022, you may continue to see the People’s United Bank, N.A. or People’s United Bank name or logo, as well as the People’s United, division of M&T Bank name or logo on account documentation and account-related materials, including but not limited to disclosures, agreements, debit cards and branch/ATM receipts
- Account documentation, account-related documents, including debit card and branch/ATM receipts, and other materials may continue to reflect the People’s United Bank, N.A. name or logo or the People’s United Bank, a division of M&T Bank branding until integration of our systems is finalized in 2022
How will I learn about updates to my accounts and services?
We’ll let you know about any changes to accounts or services well in advance.
- Watch for the M&T green in your mail and email, which indicates merger updates for you
- Bookmark this page and check back for the latest updates
Together We Can
Here for every stage of your business.
At M&T, we’re here to support your business and help you meet your goals. Explore the remarkable things our business customers are doing, and get to know M&T.
Wilmington Trust - Member of the M&T Family
Guiding generations of businesses
Wilmington Trust* has been helping business owners design and execute transition and wealth transfer plans for more than a century.** Backed by the resources of one of the nation’s leading U.S.-based, commercial bank holding companies, M&T Bank, we bring a high level of skill and experience to every relationship we serve. We offer advice, guidance, and solutions to business owners through every phase of your journey—from starting out, growing the business, and eventually transitioning it.
* Wilmington Trust is a registered service mark used in connection with various fiduciary and non-fiduciary services offered by certain subsidiaries of M&T Bank Corporation including, but not limited to, Manufacturers & Traders Trust Company (M&T Bank), Wilmington Trust Company (WTC) operating in Delaware only, Wilmington Trust, N.A. (WTNA), Wilmington Trust Investment Advisors, Inc. (WTIA), Wilmington Funds Management Corporation (WFMC), and Wilmington Trust Investment Management, LLC (WTIM). Such services include trustee, custodial, agency, investment management, and other services. International corporate and institutional services are offered through M&T Bank Corporation’s international subsidiaries. Loans, credit cards, retail and business deposits, and other business and personal banking services and products are offered by M&T Bank, Member FDIC.
** Wilmington Trust traces its roots to the founding of Wilmington Trust Company in 1903.
Investment products are not insured by the FDIC or any other governmental agency, are not deposits of or other obligations of or guaranteed by Wilmington Trust, M&T Bank, or any other bank or entity, and are subject to investment risks, including the possible loss of principal amount invested.
Update your contact information.
If your name, address, email or phone number has changed, please update it so you’ll receive any account information as soon as it’s sent to you.
To update, contact your relationship manager or call 1-800-894-0300.
Read news about the merger.
Check out all of the of the past news related to People's United becoming part of M&T Bank.
- People's United is Now Officially Part of M&T Bank (MM/DD/YY)
- Regulatory Approval Press Release (MM/DD/YY)
- Agreement to Acquire People's United Press Release (2/22/21)